- 1 1/2 cups flour.
- 2 teasp. Baking powder.
- 1/2 teasp. Salt.
- 3/4 cup sugar.
- 1/2 cup very soft butter/marge (not melted).
- 1/2 cup milk.
- 2 eggs.
- 1/2 teasp. Vanilla essence.
Preheat Oven : 180c
Cooking time : Bake + - 40 minutes.
- Sift flour.
- Put all ingredients together in a bowl and mix well. ( beat for 3 minutes )
- Put in baking tin and bake.
- For chocolate cake add cocoa + teasp coffee.
- For orange cake replace milk with orange juice. Top with icing sugar mixed with orange juice and grate orange rind on top.
- For coffee cake add coffee.
- For marble cake make 2 or 3 different mixes and spoon them alternatly into cake tins then mix gently with a knife not touching the sides of the tins.
- Apple bake: Grease oven dish add cake mix. Top with chopped apple then sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.