- During the WinPE start up, WinPE does not get an IP address and when IP config is run no network adapters are listed.
Found in affected System:
- OS: WinPE 10
- Version: 10.015063.0
- Hardware: Network Adapters
- Driver: Applies to most Network drivers
- In most cases this is due to a missing driver, thus the Operating System in not aware of the network adapter.
- Identify the required driver, typiclly via the vendor's web site or support.
- Download the driver and copy it onto a USB flash driver
- During the WinPE boot press F8 (if enbaled) this will provide a dos console.
- Chang drivers to the USB Flash driver typically this will be C: , D: or E:
- CD to the location of the driver .inf file
- run: drvload<driver>.inf
- this will load the driver into the kernel.
- run: wpeutil initializeNetwork
- this will force WinPE to reload the network components.
- run: ipconfig
- if you have the correct diver the network interface will be listed and it will have an IP address (assume the network is connected and functioning correctly)
- Now that the missing driver has been confirmed to work, it can be added to the WinPE image using the normal steps.